Have you got a good story?

Share your story, discuss the issues with Dailynews Blog.

Have you got a good story?

Share your story, discuss the issues with Dailynews Blog.





Nafasi Ya Matangazo

Thursday 2 March 2017

Neema Wambura: My marriage was all hell

THIRTY-three-year old Neema Mwita Wambura (in picture), who suffered severe burns two years ago, says that the only period she had happiness during her marriage of 18 years, was the first two months.

“I do not wish or intend to marry again considering the agony I went through during marriage,” she says.

“My marriage had always been miserable but the only thing that kept me going was my three children. I’m terrified, and do not want to return to Mara Region as long as I know that my husband is still free.

My children and I can stay anywhere but not in Bunda. If a person is ready to help me I’ll be very grateful,” she says with tears flowing in her face. Neema, now admitted at the Muhimbili National Hospital, identifies her children as Wambura Haruni (14), George Haruni (10) and Sarah Haruni (5).

Looking at her scars on the chest, left and right arm, she says what led to her miserable life was two roasted maize.

The incident occurred in 2014. “My husband came home on that day and found me roasting maize and offered to help me. Immediately after he reached where I was, he reminded me that my days were numbered and began beating me continuously,” she explains. READ MORE


Kuna Maoni 0 mpaka sasa.

Post a Comment